Faecal Sludge Management of Vientiane, the capital of Laos (1,000,000 inhab concerned):
- Building a plant for the treatment of the city’s sludge(humification planted beds)
- Organizing the coming of the existing emptying companies to the plant (profit-sharing and coercion measures)
- Start-up of the treatment process (green engineering)
- Optimizing plant’s operation & maintenance, humus production and marketing during the first two years
- Developing a valid economic model based on the pricing of FS discharges and humus sales, in order to establish a PPP according to the acquired experience
4 WWTP for villages in Kosovo:
- Rota-filters and tertiary infiltration (water resource protection)
- Constructed wetlands
- Anaerobic Baffled Reactor
Projects development and local team capacity building: preliminary studies, design, project management, construction, O&M.
Technical assistance of International Association of Francophone Mayors, for developing sustainable and efficient sanitation services in the cities and towns of the network.
Implementation of faecal sludge emptying services, transport and treatment for the city:
- Implementation of a faecal sludge treatment plant (drying beds)
- Equipment for the alternative emptying (manual and simplified motorizing)
- Development of operators for collection, transport and treatment at the institutional and financial levels
- O&M assessment and optimization of the FSM chain
This project also includes development of public toilets (and their management) and equipment of households with improved latrines.
Evaluation of project MIASA: Sanitation marketing and Faecal Sludge Management.
Antananarivo, Madagascar, EU funding
Project Toilettes pour Tous (Toilets for all) in Sokodé, sanitation marketing and faecal sludge management (project leader and expert):
Project leader for the Faecal Sludge Management implementation in Douala (team leader and FSM expert):
Evaluation of the international research project “triple R” (Resource, Recovery and Reuse): market stimulation and sanitary control improvement on waste water, grey water and excreta.