Technical assistance of International Association of Francophone Mayors, for developing sustainable and efficient sanitation services in the cities and towns of the network.
- Sanitation marketing for the toilets market
- Implementation of public toilets and PPP
- Faecal Sludge Management system development
Development of the project’s basics: Land research, regulation system evaluation, expression of interest for O&M services
Majunga phase 1
Implementation of faecal sludge emptying services, transport and treatment for the city:
- Implementation of a faecal sludge treatment plant (drying beds)
- Equipment for the alternative emptying (manual and simplified motorizing)
- Development of operators for collection, transport and treatment at the institutional and financial levels
- O&M assessment and optimization of the FSM chain
This project also includes development of public toilets (and their management) and equipment of households with improved latrines.